What is the most important intellectual property protection for your business?
Educating your employees on business intellectual property.
Ten reasons why training your team on intellectual property makes great sense for your business.
A business intellectual property educated workforce:
1. Looks after your know-how, confidential information and trade secrets more effectively and hence the business leaks less value
2. Identifies what is valuable and hence the business produces and captures more valuable creativity and innovation
3. Harvests inventive ideas more efficiently
4. Manages the intellectual property portfolio so it is fit for purpose
5. Captures records of intellectual property origination and ensures date stamping
6. Records evidence of use of trademarks registered and unregistered
7. Is less likely to infringe the intellectual property of others
8. Watches the landscape for competitive threats like new technology or copycat frauds
9. Is more alert to potential reverse engineering activity and theft
10. Will be able to articulate the full value of your business to customers and suppliers
Do you and your people know enough about business intellectual property to make a difference to your value?
Do you want to know how you can improve the level of intellectual property understanding to enhance the value of your business?
Leave a Reply